"The first thing I became aware of was the bleeping of my alarm. As I reached over to turn it off, my hand fumbled on the items scattered over the small desk, causing them to fall on the floor. The clattering gave me a false sense of urgency to turn off the alarm, that was when full conciseness kicked in and I realised where I was…Fuck, the world didn’t end last night."
"I felt like a prisoner waiting for the parol board to approve an early exit, only to be kept in jail by an eleventh hour decision. But there was no time to reflect on this defeat, we had to try something else, the data, and the hopes of nearly 250 men form 13 countries were at stake."
"I vaguely remembered the hang over I had this morning and the promise I had made myself, I opened the fridge and got a beer. As I finished it a second one appeared in front of me. I started to drink it an thought, you had to do something to forget."
This was written by my colleague Andrew to whom I also owe credit for the current title of this blog.
Thanks Andrew.
No comments:
Post a Comment