**************Feb 19 2007**********************
Hi,
I am home. Sorry, I'm pretty busy. We work 6am to about 7:30pm and everything in new and a struggle for me so if I don't write a lot, that is why, but I'll try to write quick notes and I guess I'll make a habit of sending them to you and Matt for efficiencies sake.
This morning I woke up at 4:30am. It's really misty outside, but it's still completely dark and the mist in the camp lights looks real erie. It looks like this camp is the only place in the world.
I'm going to check some data this morning. Every day around 7pm we get field tapes from the day's shooting, we run jobs over night to pull data from them in nice pieces or swaths. This morning I'll check last nights swaths, we have a check list, to make sure everything is okay. They we'll burn them to tape, and then we'll check the data on the tape. The guy from the crew just came to pick up yesterday's tapes and take them out. All the muslims pray around 5:30. The chanting is a wierd thing to wake up to in the morning. The camp is pretty separated between the labor people who are all Omani muslims, and between the "expats". I keep myself pretty distant from all the muslims, because I never know which one's don't like to have anything to do with women. There is one other guy in my office, he is named Hamish and he's a real laid back guy from New Zealand. Usually you're working with two people here, maybe three once in a while. There is actually a camp bar. I told Matt how they had willie nelson on the night before last and I felt like I was in college station. It's got that rugged old texas bar look. Exept every one has british/australian accents. But they are mostly old and tatood so that makes up for it.
Well there is some random information for you. Yes I'm still alive.
Love Selah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment