Friday, March 16, 2007

crude oil and dates

*****Mar 1 2007*****

I got up close and personal with real live crude oil today. It looked like crude oil. Flawlessly black. The consistency of molasses. Wonderful. I jumped in and rubbed it all over my body to reap the healing benefits. Well not really. Anyway...the rest of that was true. I wish you could have been there to appreciate it with me. I like crude the way I like cows...very much, and no one else understands.

I spend about three hours driving all around seeing the field operation. I think I had a misscommunication with someone. Before I thought I was just tagging along for a ride, but now I think they thought I hadn't been out to the field before so they were being nice and giving me a tour. Well it was fun. AND I got to try a new kind of coffee, omani coffee. Its a lot like starbucks, but they put our favorite, saffron, in it along with cloves. And they drink it out of teaglasses the size of double shots. So myself, Ali Al Malki and Nilesh had a nice afternoon snack of coffee and dates in the middle of the desert, not too far from a camel skeleton.

We have two extra people in the office doing computer stuff, so that's livened it up. I started reading a book The God of Small Things. Ever hear of it?

Have a good morning.

Love,
Selah

No comments: