Friday, March 16, 2007

My first two emails

I sent these Feb 14th and 15th when i was scared and tired and buzzing right after arrived....

********************************
Feb 14 2007

Well I made it - I'm typing this to you on a keyboard with arabic letters in my strikingly college dorm like accomodations on top of our company's office in Muscat Oman.

And now I'm going to sleep.

Love,
Selah

*********************************
Feb 15 2007

I'm flying to Nimr at 0720 Oman time (that is 9 tonight for you) on oman air #60 if you want to track my flight, mom and dad. It turns out I will be in the deep south after all. I finally got my luggage an hour ago, my two stuffed fish, Bassy and Channely made it. I passed my 3 hr medical exam today - I'm getting a Omani drivers licence soon. I met some friendly indian people who offered me indian food and *gasp* beer. I saw a woman covered entirely in black. not even an opening for her eyes.

And I should get to sleep again.
Happy valentines day : )

No comments: